Friday, May 1, 2009

Little bird


Meows (sister's cat) caught a small songbird yesterday. She trotted into the kitchen with it and I picked her up and walked her back outside while she squirmed and fussed and eventually dropped the the bird who landed with a 'plop' on the ground. I set the kitty down and picked up the tiny bird who was breathing hard, mouth open gasping for breath. I then placed it on a small landing of sorts in our mesquite tree while I set up a cozy bed for it to lay on inside the cat carrier. It was very late, and my dad had already gone to bed, so I scooped up the little bird, fed it some water with an eye dropper before placing it inside the carrier which I set in the laundry room to keep the lil fella warm overnight. I had planned to ask my dad to take it to a wildlife rescue group this morning, but when I woke and went in to check on it, it had passed :-(
I'll wait til the sun begins to set before going out to find a nice burial site for the little critter.


I found a nice burial site and laid the bird to rest. Then I went a little nuts digging up the garden to plant some peppers. I found a really huge grub and took a pic of it..not really sure what kind of beetle it's gonna be, but it sure was interesting.

No comments: