Friday, May 15, 2009

Sweet kitty


My sister's cat brought me a wonderful present the other day; a large Desert Spiny Lizard (Sceloporus magister). it was about 7 inches long, plus another 4 inches of tail. She trotted into the kitchen with it in her mouth, set it at my feet and sat back, looking at me. Such a sweet kitty. I thanked her graciously for the gift, but explained that I'd already had a snack ;-) I then picked up the lil fella who was unharmed, albeit a bit startled, grabbed my camera and took him outside in the sunlight for a quick photo shoot. He got very squirmy as I tried to get a picture of him, but I did manage to capture beautiful blue/green scales on his belly before setting the squirrely bugger down (when the cat wasn't looking). He scurried off into the grass, to continue his lizard life.
Yesterday I saw my therapist for the second time. The session went well, we're still in the getting-to-know-you phase. We laughed, I cried, then we laughed some more. I really do like her...great sense of humor (she gets all my sarcastic jokes). At our first meeting she asked what I hoped to gain from our time together. I made some snarky remark about her waving a magic wand to fix it all. Without missing a beat, she stood up, grabbed a long clear plastic tube filled with liquid, glitter and little stars from her desk and began waving it around. I was laughing so hard. Gotta love it. The session did wear me out though, and I spent most of that afternoon lying in bed to recover.
Also, my friend was able to identify that mystery bug I posted about on May 8, 2009. It is an Iron Cross Blister Beetle. Cool!

No comments: