Saturday, May 16, 2009

Paaaaiiiiiinnnn

I have been in severe pain in my ribs and spine the last two days which becomes excruciating when I twitch. It hurts to breathe, move, sit still etc, and feels as though I've been punched hard in the back several times. The pain had me in tears throughout most of yesterday despite downing ibuprofen - I took 4 over the course of the day. I am very sensitive to it and generally a 200mg tablet will relieve my pain for at least 12 hours. But yesterday it was not even making a dent. I distracted myself while lying down by calling friends, sketching and writing a bit of angry poetry. The pain is not as intense today, though I still feel as though my ribs are bruised. My guess is that it is a result of my twitching episode on the 10th. Since I've been ill, my body is slow to react, so it makes sense that it would have taken a few days to show up. It feels as though I really overdid doing backward sit-ups - the soreness being in the muscles. I've decided that today I will focus on completing, mailing and filing paperwork, which has been a bit neglected lately. I can do this while in bed (aside from the mailing part *wink*) so that is good.

As I watered my garden this morning, I noticed that some little critter had chomped away at my cantaloupe vines...nearly obliterating one and nibbling on another. I'll do some research and call my friend who manages a farm and see if she has any ideas.

No comments: