Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Grrrr


I missed an appointment with my therapist today. I called her around 4am to let her know I was not able to sleep and would likely be too exhausted to make it in. That was all the notice I could give her. I hate this! I dozed off shortly after calling her and woke around 1 pm....my appointment was at noon. I was hardly able to move and it took a lot of time and effort to get my muscles awake enough to get out of bed. I called her back and requested another appointment later in the week if she had it open.
On a happier note, my watermelon seeds are sprouting! :) I stumbled out to water them today and the first has two leaves already, and the second is pushing up thru the dirt. I'm excited! :)
Also, a small black bird with a bright yellow curved beak has made our date palm it's home....and I can year tiny chirps coming from it's nest inside the tree.....likely left by a woodpecker from a previous season, as the hole is not new. My brother Mike put a ladder up for me and I slowly made my way to the nest - camera in hand. Sadly the hole was too deep for my lens to capture the baby birdies thru the narrow opening. I will have to wait a while and possibly catch them when they're large enough to start poking their heads out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gotta love them birds....We have a turtle dove that made a nest in my Bro's bike wheel that is on a cabinet under the garage overhang. When she flew off I saw that she had a bunch of eggs...still waiting for more cookie sightings....

ps. I hope you feel better

You know who ;)