Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Pain

Last night I experienced what felt like an extreme case of arthritis pain - common for Lyme Disease sufferers - which ran from my lower back to my thighs, and then progessed to my knees and shins. The pain was excruciating and had me in tears. It felt as though several ice picks had been jabbed into my spine. Attempts to stand or walk made the pain even worse. I contacted a friend and he stayed on the phone with me while I cried through the worst of it, and helped to distract me as I waited for the quart of water I drank to kick in - the only thing that helps relieve the pain. It had lessened to a dull ache by about 3:30 am and I was able to get some sleep.
I woke up about 5am and my heart rate was 104....a bit high for someone lying still in bed. I'll continue to monitor it over the next few days and contact my doctor if it continues, and head to the ER if it gets dangerously high.

No comments: