Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Update 3



August 26, 2013.
   Unable to eat solid foods, I resorted to putting beets and carrots in the blender and squeezing the pulp through paper towels to get a bit of juice to drink. But, as with everything else I had ingested in the last year, this too began to cause unbearable pain, and I was quickly back to where I had started nearly a year earlier. Weakened to the point that I could barely stand, and swimming in my clothing from a 15 lb loss in weight, I truly feared I may die before the handful of doctors I was working with could find the problem and fix it. In desperation, I turned to the internet in search of ways to heal stomach erosion. Site after site, article after article...they all said the same thing: Remove starch from your diet. There it was, on the screen of my laptop, the glimmer of hope I'd been seeking for the last 364 agonizing days. I spent the next several hours scouring the web for starch-free foods, and assembled a list of items that were already in the house.

August 27, 2013
   After fasting on tea til the early afternoon to give my gut a reprieve, I began tentatively trying little bites of the foods from my list, and by that evening was chowing down on a plate of steak and mushrooms without any stomach pain whatsoever! I was so happy I cried!!

No comments: