Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Charity drive

I'm feeling a little more stable now and have been able to be off the anti-anxiety meds for a few days. Whew! I am still very restless, but it is manageable as long as I keep my brain busy.
So, here's the scoop: I've decided to do a sort of one-woman charity drive/fund-raiser. Here's how it works.
I will knit and crochet as many baby hats as I can between now and August 10th for donation to Tucson Medical Center's maternity and NICU wards. My minimum goal is 35 hats, with a maximum of 50.
Here's how you can help: Sponsor my charity drive by pledging a quarter, a dime or whatever you like per hat that I complete to help me pay for my medical treatment. Easy Squeezy, huh? :-D you can even get your friends, neighbors and co-workers involved by printing out a pledge form that I can send you via email and have them mail or email it back to me. :)
I will be posting photos of the hats as I complete them and updating pledge amounts several times per week.
If you have any questions, or would like a pledge form and/or mailing address, feel free to contact me via email at amoneof8@yahoo.com

Thanks!!

2 comments:

plaz said...

What a great idea! Maybe I should come by for a crochet refresher course and make a few also! Do you think I can crochet and bike at the same time? :)

Jess said...

Only one way to find out! lol