Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Another hospital visit

I spent 13 hours in the hospital Monday night and early Tuesday. The constant feeling of being overheated and extremely thirsty, coupled with the appearance of some bad abdominal pain had me worried about my kidneys. I had been drinking lots of water, tea and juice, but not really eliminating all that much. After 2 litres of fluids in the ER, I only peed once, and just a little. They ran blood and urine tests, and an ultrasound to check my liver, kidneys, gall bladder and appendix. Everything checked out, so I was sent home. I'm glad they ruled out the big stuff, even tho they had no explanation for my pain, or why I was not eliminating properly. I was told to follow up with my primary doc to have my hormone levels checked. I sent my doc an email and will call her office in the morning for a follow-up.

No comments: