Thursday, October 10, 2013

I'm back!

Hello everyone! My apologies for being gone so long. I really backed off communication here and on my video blog due to being overwhelmed with this entire situation. Since my last post, I was denied disability benefits despite 3 appeals and appearing in court with a disability lawyer. Very disheartening. I spoke with my lawyer afterward about reapplying... he said it would not be worth it unless my condition worsens drastically or I receive a new diagnosis. Over the next year I struggled quite a lot just to keep my head above water, searching for ways to get my needs met and hitting a lot of dead ends, mostly due to a lack of stamina. I had great ideas, mind you..my body simply could not carry them out.  I did learn something about myself, though; that I am capable of handling a lot more than I ever thought I could.

No comments: