Sunday, March 7, 2010

My excitement for the week

A sudden gust of wind during this afternoon's storm ripped the tar off of almost 1/4 of the roof a few hours ago, sending rain water pouring into the attic and onto the porch. I managed to get up the ladder with my dad and we ran plastic sheeting up under the edge of the remaining tar and stapled it down. It only took about 10 minutes, but by then everything on the back porch was completely drenched. My music, books and papers all soggy. Dad called my little brother Drew to come help and once he arrived I got down the ladder and pulled the aluminum trim that was ripped off out of the drive way. By then both legs were shaking badly and about to give out. I made it a few feet from the porch before both buckled. With some effort I was able to crawl inside where I rested for a few minutes before attempting to stand again. No go...so I got to my wheelchair and hoisted myself into it. it has been almost 20 minutes and my legs are still shaking and I'm unable to really move them without help. I'll likely be in my chair for the evening, and maybe a bit of tomorrow.

No comments: